Lower LantzvilleBordering north Nanaimo, Lantzville is a tiny seaside village with no stoplights and loads of character. Its residents take pride in the friendly, small-town sense of community here yet appreciate the convenience of being just five minutes from Vancouver Island’s largest mall. Several homes offer stunning ocean and mountain views.
Lower Lantzville, the neighbourhood that surrounds the village center, is within walking distance to the beaches that span 4.5-km waterfront. Beachcombing against a backdrop of mountain views is a favourite pastime. For hikers there are plenty of dog off-leash trails in the Copley Ridge forest and Lantzville Foothills
- Seaview Elementary
- McGirr Elementary
- Dover Bay Secondary School (academies – baseball & performing arts)
- Aspengrove School (private)
Parks & Recreation
- Parkway Trail – paved long-distance trail that parallels Hwy 19
- Copley Ridge forest trails – waterfalls and great views from the forested ridge
- Lantzville Foothills trails – rocky bluffs and beautiful views
- Winchelsea View Golf Course – local 18-hole course in the country
- Huddlestone Park & Rotary Park – neighbourhood parks with playgrounds
Shops & Services
- Lantzville – building supply, pharmacy, post office, restaurant & pub
- Woodgrove Centre – The Bay, Wal-Mart
- Home Depot
- Brickyard Medical Centre
- Library – North Nanaimo branch
- Hospital: 12 min.
- Downtown: 20 min.
- South end: 22 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 16 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 26 min.