North JinglepotWhere it crosses Hwy. 19 at Nanaimo’s north end, Jingle Pot Road is surprisingly quiet and rural considering its close proximity to the city’s major retail district. Some new neighbourhoods have recently been developed in the area, but the majority of homes here are ranchers or split-levels on large lots. Farther south on Jingle Pot Road the landscape opens to more farms and acreage.
In this area joggers and long-distance cyclists can easily access the Parkway Trail that runs alongside the highway. And an extensive network of mountain biking trails criss-cross the ridges here at the base of Mt. Benson.
- Pleasant Valley Elementary
- Coal Tyee Elementary
- Dover Bay Secondary School (academies – baseball & performing arts)
- Aspengrove School (private)
Parks & Recreation
- Parkway Trail – paved trail parallels Hwy. 19
- Brannen Lake – beach, boat launch
- Long Lake – beach, canoe/kayak club & playground
- Benson Creek Falls Regional Park – Ammonite Falls hiking trail
- Doumont Rd. mountain biking trails
Shops & Services
- Woodgrove Centre – The Bay, Wal-Mart
- Nanaimo North Town Centre – Sears, Lowes
- Longwood Station
- Canadian Tire
- Nanaimo North Medical Clinic
- Library – North Nanaimo branch
- Hospital: 10 min.
- Downtown: 16 min.
- South end: 15 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 13 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 21 min.