UplandsAt one of the highest elevations in the city, this neighbourhood is tucked along the forested ridges and valleys surrounding Uplands Drive and Long Lake. Because of the topography, residential lot sizes and street routes vary widely, offering wonderful aesthetic variety. Homes here were built between the ‘70s and ‘90s with styles that range from split-level to West Coast style.
This near-north neighbourhood puts residents between the north end retail core and the downtown business core, but several shops and services are also located here. Families love this area for its parks, trails, lakes and community centres.
- Uplands Park Elementary
- Randerson Ridge Elementary
- Wellington Secondary School (jazz academy)
Parks & Recreation
- Long Lake – beach, canoe/kayak club & playground
- Linley Valley Park – undeveloped forest with creeks, ponds & trails
- Oliver Woods Park/Community Centre – playground, gymnasium & programs
- Beban Park/Community Centre – indoor pool/fitness centre, sports fields, ice arena & programs
- Lost Lake Trail – hiking trail around a lake
Shops & Services
- Country Club Centre – Best Buy, Save On Foods
- North Town Centre – Canadian Tire, Lowes, London Drugs
- Boardwalk on Rutherford
- Longwood Station
- Rock City Centre
- Nanaimo North Medical Clinic
- Library – Wellington branch
- Hospital: 8 min.
- Downtown: 15 min.
- South end: 18 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 14 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 25 min.