Upper LantzvilleFarm houses and wide, open fields characterize the higher elevations of Lantzville, a small rural seaside community that borders north Nanaimo. In Upper Lantzville it’s not uncommon to find residents riding their horses on the streets and offering a friendly wave to anyone who passes.
Home lots, many including acreage, are significantly larger than in Lower Lantzville’s village or in Nanaimo. The properties that surround Lantzville’s 18-hole golf course enjoy views of the ocean and Coastal Mountains. Year round, residents enjoy beachcombing along Lantzville’s 4.5-km waterfront or hiking the ridge trails in the forests of Upper Lantzville. Nanaimo’s north-end retail district, with the island’s largest mall, is less than 10 minutes away.
- Seaview Elementary
- McGirr Elementary
- Dover Bay Secondary School (academies – baseball & performing arts)
- Aspengrove School (private)
Parks & Recreation
- Parkway Trail – paved long-distance trail that parallels Hwy 19
- Copley Ridge forest trails – waterfalls and great views from the forested ridge
- Lantzville Foothills trails – rocky bluffs and beautiful views
- Winchelsea View Golf Course – local 18-hole course in the country
- Huddlestone Park & Rotary Park – neighbourhood parks with playgrounds
Shops & Services
- Lantzville – building supply, pharmacy, post office, restaurant & pub
- Woodgrove Centre – The Bay, Wal-Mart
- Home Depot
- Brickyard Medical Centre
- Library – North Nanaimo branch
- Hospital: 16 min.
- Downtown: 21 min.
- South end: 20 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 17 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 26 min.